Monday, October 27, 2014

Oct 24-26

 
 


 Nan and Lou are staying at Kings Bay Naval Base in St. Marys, GA (right on the GA/FL border) and invited us to come stay with them for a week.  So here we are and what a beautiful, peaceful place it is!  The campground is right on a small lake an we've seen Wood Storks and Wilson's Plover family (new lifelist birds for me), Great blue heron, Great White Egrets so far.  Haven't seen an alligator, though there are signs posted that there are gaters in these waters.  Nan has seen them, though.  Nan had great dinner for us first night, chicken stew and warm bread.  Last night I did salmon, broccoli and salad.  Nan contributed basil pasta and pumpkin pie!  Feast.  Nan and I took a small walk yesterday...my foot is some better and allows me to walk short distances.  I also did 6 loads of wash at the FREE laundry...yippee all caught up.  We also got in a game of scrabble cubes.  Monday, today, we went to get our IDs at the security post and passed the background checks so we're now here officially with our own passes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment